Monday, April 5, 2010

Reluctant Learner

This is a tough scenerio. I would have Renee stay after school with me so that I could help her with the research. I would read the chapters with her so that I could assess her understanding. I would also have her restate what we read so that I can check for understanding. I would try to explain to her how important it is to work with her classmates. I would explain that she has a lot to offer to the other members in the group and that she is an important member of the whole group. I would also look online with her so that I could give her some ideas about what sites she can find great pictures that might illustrate what the chapter was about. After, I would give her a task to share her findings with her group members the following day in class. I would try to make the reading fun and engaging. We could take turns, or she could listen to it on tape. I would try to make her feel as though she has an important part of the group and the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment